Italy leaders announced a lockdown in the whole country due to virus affecting Seria A.
The Prime Minister of Italy Giuseppe Conte announced the indefinite suspension of Seria A as the country tackles the spread of coronavirus.
With an increased value of 463 casualties from the virus and about 9,200 affected. The government of Italy placed the country on lockdown.
This has already been effective in northern Italy, including suspending gatherings in public and movement restrictions else is a case of emergency services or work.
Many matches had been played in Seria A currently behind closed doors. Also the Juventus and Inter Derby D’Italia match. The competition will be on hold due to the new suspension.
Giuseppe Conte words
Time is against us as the number of affected increases, we have to be more careful, Conte said at a press conference. “For Italy to be better, we are to sacrifice a lot, we need change our habits. The best way to achieve it is to uphold very strict measures”.
“To control and protect Italy from the deadly disease, I will sign a new decree. It’s going to be with the phrase ‘I am staying at home’. There will be no more red zones.
“Else it’s for, health reasons, work or other important purposes all travels will be restricted. And large gathering in public will be suspended.
“Sports activities will be affected more. And there will be more strict restrictions. All sporting tournaments including Seria A are banned. The fans will bear that”.
This new decree will be effective on Tuesday morning. Affecting its over 60 million population.
The suspension of gatherings in public involves sport activities and events, theaters and cinemas, weddings and funerals, gyms, drinking venues etc.
With coming European matches to be played behind closed doors this week. Football has been especially affected by the coronavirus.
The Champions League second Leagues Hit match in France between PSG and Dortmund will hold without there supporters from Italy going. Furthermore, Sevilla-Roma, Valencia-Atlanta, Olympiacos-Wolves will be affected too by fans being locked out.
The Euro 2020 competition is in question to hold or not. However, Aleksander Ceferin the President of UEFA is certain about the competition holding.
“Moreover, We are certain to contain it, as we are working to contain it,” Ceferin said.
Conclusion, “This is a sensitive situation and you don’t know how concerned we are. We have to be security cautious, politically too. Let’s be considerate and not think badly about the situation.